Friday, January 27, 2012

A few of my favorite things from the week

Do I have some cute kids or what?! Four kids, and four different eye colors. This one has the stunning blue eyes, that turn gray when he is moody. Here, obviously, he is happy. :)

During rainy days, early evenings, chilly mornings before school, we spent time playing Mancala. It's a fun little counting/strategy game, and can easily be made with an egg cartoon and beans.

Enjoyable for all ages, but makes especially great math practice for preschoolers.


See, even the 4th grader likes it. (How can he possibly be in 4th grade already??)
We also took turns playing Rush Hour. Love that game, and the various skill level cards make it great for the whole family.


I've been squeezing in art times with the kids around lunch, and again by myself in the evening, when the house is quiet and no one calls for me. This little sharpie sketch was inspired by another artist...a picture I glanced at on Pinterest and now can't find again. Go figure.



My cat, Calvin. This dude knows how to reeeeelax.


In spite of (or perhaps because of) dealing with extra stressors surrounding my parents' imminent divorce, I'm forcing myself to look at each little thing...each wonderful special thing that happens around me, that I'm likely to take for granted. And NOT take it for granted. I want to see the good around us, the blessings, the opportunities. There are so many.


2 comments:

Soaring High said...

These are sweet pictures. I've been writing down daily blessings with the Anne Voskamp challenge. IT has helped me to take a second look at what is right in front of me and be thankful instead of griping about what things I can't control. Keep it up! Can't wait to see more pics.

denise said...

I love your crafts! I noticed your mention about your parents divorce. I totally missed that before. I am sooo sorry, that has to be so hard!! I'm praying for you!