Tuesday, February 26, 2013

In the sunshine

My Girl took these photos, during our family hike on Sunday.
You can't tell now, what with snow crusting the ground,
but Sunday was absolutely gorgeous--
sunny and warm enough to remove jackets while scaling the hills.

 She captured some peaceful scenes along the way.
I love that she loves to see and capture the beauty around her.

She caught us examining crevices in the bluffs...
 She got some good shots of her little brothers...
 ...and snuck some of me, while I snapped my own pics.... ;) ...
 So, of course, I did the same, and caught her taking pictures.
This has become a family affair, and I LOVE that!
 I'm trying to spend as much time outside as possible, whenever the weather permits.
Winters are so very hard for me. I despise being cold. I NEED sunshine in a serious way. In fact, I'm thinking seriously again about a way to leave here every winter. This area is amazing for most of the spring, all of the summer, and the first part of fall.... but the dreary wet cold winters are simply painful.
Thanking God for every sunshiny day we get, especially when the temps climb high enough for family fun like this.
Love this random pic, below, with my kidlings and Man, all looking and going a different direction. It was the perfect spot for our afternoon, with plenty of room to explore, climb, slide down, and dig for rocks.

No comments: