Monday, December 17, 2007

Intruder plan

Okay, so I was reading this article in Reader's Digest about an intruder that entered this family's home. As if I'm not scared enough already when I hear a noise at night...
So I decided that we should have a plan if we are ever in a situation like that. I thought about what Fred should do, where I would run, etc. I'd almost made up my mind to switch to the other side of the bed, just in case. I told Fred about the article, but before I could give him my well-thought-out-plan, he says, "oh, that's easy... you lift up your shirt and while he's distracted, I'll escape!" Ha! So much for my plan. I guess it's good that I have a husband who "lightens the mood" all the time! :-)

5 comments:

Gracie Parker said...

that's hilarious! are our husbands twins?

Mandy said...

lol!! You could always shoot milk in his eye.. might be a good plan 'b' if just lifting the shirt alone doesn't do the trick. Breastmilk has so many good natural "defenses" ya know.

Glad your hubby lightens the mood about it... if I ever mention "what do I do if someone beraks in and you're not here?" (state trooper, works nights mainly) and his responce is always, "you know where the gun is..." He makes me feel sooo much better lol

Wendy said...

I LOVE the natural "defenses" of breastmilk comment. You are so funny!!

I forgot that my grandparents read this blog. They wrote me an email about my "naughty boy" husband! heh heh ;-)

And, Mandy... a gun? I'd be more likely to shoot myself by accident. I've never even held a gun.

Mandy said...

lol I"m a southern girl born and bred. My dad had me and my sister and brothers out shooting the guns (target pract.) from about age 8 or so. My husband will do the same for our kids. There are guns in their lives since their daddy hunts and since he's a cop. We keep them in a combination locked safe (except for the hidden one up high in our room for my "just in case" scenerio) and talk to the kids constantly about guns. They've heard them shot by watching daddy shoot the target from the safety from the backdoor and are scared to death of them because of it. I'm glad the mystery of guns won't be around for them just like it wasn't for me.

Wendy said...

Wow. My boys have some toy plastic-looking things. But they don't even need those-- they use hangers, carrots whatever to shoot each other. BOYS!
WEll, my Dad is not at all a gun person. And neither is my husband, so I was doomed to a gun-free life. ;-) I do carry a knife in my purse, and have a BB gun (looks very real) on top of the fridge. Then there's the watergun on the front porch. Oh, yeah, we're protected all right!