- 2 1/2 cups Bisquick mix (or 1 cup flour + 1 1/2 tsp baking powder + 1/2 tsp salt + 1 Tbsp shortening)
- 1 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup white wine (or milk, if you don't have wine on hand...and everyone should have wine on hand! ...just for cooking, of course!)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 pinch salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine garlic butter ingredients, mixing well.
Next, Combine biscuit ingredients in a medium bowl.
Mix until well blended.
Drop approximately 1-2 Tablespoon portions of the dough onto an ungreased nonstick cookie sheet.
Brush a little bit of garlic butter on top before baking.
Bake for 14-16 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.
Brush more garlic butter on top before serving.
No joke there.I always put that much on around the holidays and then take it back off as the weather warms up.
I just hate being cold and baking seems to be great therapy for my S.A.D.