Friday, October 2, 2009

Slow breathing

Well, well. Emotionally it's been a tough week to take. It's almost over now, and I can breathe a little easier.

Amy's news on Tuesday brought us all to a halt. She's consumed my thoughts and prayers over these past few days. The kids and I have been carrying on through the days... getting our work done, doing fun stuff...

caring for the "pets"...

...but Amy's still always there right under the surface of my thoughts. I catch myself at times holding my breath, lost in thought. Must remember to breath slowly.

We have promises to claim and a God who hears.

Yesterday was the biopsy. Amy, the gremlin, couldn't eat anything after midnight before the procedure. She arrived at the hospital at 11am and the biopsy was scheduled to start at noon. That's a long time to go without eating. For me, anyway. Due to some bleeding at the needle site, they kept her in ACC until nearly 6pm. Psha. As soon as she was released, Vu drove her to meet me and Julie in Fayetteville for some sister-support time. We had good Italian food and Merlot. It was nice just to be together, knowing that everything will be okay.

The biopsy results will be back early next week. Regardless, we're all pretty sure that the next step is surgery, either to remove the entire kidney or to attempt a removal of the 2 inch tumor in the center. For Amy's age group, the successful treatment rate is almost 100%. Woohoo!

4 comments:

Just what are those Woods up to? said...

I do that too--the holding my breath thing. I think I must have killed many brain cells that way. (-: You probably have too; that would explain a lot. d-;

I know Amy's going to be great and fine. I'll be relieved when that stupid tumor is gone!

Arato Girl said...

Wenders, this is why I try to discipline myself to do yoga. It's amazing how hard it can be just to let yourself breeeeaaaatthhh...

You know, with a family I love holding their breath for me, I've not felt at all crushed under this burden. I'm so lucky I have people I love carrying it with me. I love you tons.

Twisted Cinderella said...

my thoughts and prayers are with you while you await the results.

mysteryhistorymom said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments! Yes, I host swaps often and they are such fun! This was the 2nd year for my Fall Swap and it is always a hit. People love Fall and who can blame them?:)

I will be keeping you and Amy in my prayers, Sweets. Keep us posted... Lori