Monday, May 10, 2010

Visiting the Devil's Den

I'm going to take the Scrapbooking Advice and start from the present. As I have time, I'll catch you up on some field trips, parties, and projects!

On Saturday, we drove out to Devil's Den State Park.




The sky was absolutely gorgeous, following the storms last week.



excuse the dirty windshield ;-)
When I really stop to ponder the vastness of the universe, I feel... so small.... so helpless...


so in awe that I'm loved and cared for by the Creator Himself.
Everything about creation declares the awesomeness of the Creator.







Turkey Vulture, up close and personal

The Turkey Vulture, contrary to popular belief, does not feed strictly on
carrion. This bird enjoys plant matter as well, including shoreline vegetation, pumpkin, and bits of other crops. The Turkey Vulture soars above the ground for most of the day, searching for food with its excellent eyesight and highly developed sense of smell.

Extremely unaggressive and non-confrontational, the Turkey vulture will not feed on live prey, an occasional habit of its cousin the black vulture.

Turkey Vultures can often be seen along roadsides, cleaning up roadkill, or near rivers,
feasting on washed-up fish, another of their favorite foods.
http://vulturesociety.homestead.com/TVFacts.html




Building with rocks


They all crashed on the way home!

More soon!
School is almost over, and I've been up to some FUN things!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow. What a great adventure of a day! I LOVE that sky! I am constantly telling the boys, 'look at the sky, isn't it fascinating?' and they look at me like I have two heads :) I am glad you took a picture.

sara said...

GREAT pictures!!!!!!!!!! Great field trip!!!!!!!!

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Look at all those boys and look at all the FUN that's being had! The wonder of childhood -- I love it.

I have four sons...come on over for some mom inspiration and encouragement.

Jerri Dalrymple said...

Beautiful pics!!!!! Glad you had a great time!!!

Just what are those Woods up to? said...

Gorgeous pics!