Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Revealing beauty


 I'm in the process of removing my cupboard doors.
(Do you say cabinet or cupboard?)
I still have some painting to do, and I plan to paint or paper the back panels. 
And, yes, like my books and clothes, I arrange dishes by color.
 
 Even the most run-down and beat-up people, places, and things contain beauty.
I love the little old cream pitcher, below, with fading paint and chipped handle.
It's so unique, bright, beautiful.
 “Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.”
― Confucius

“Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.”
― Thich Nhat Hanh

"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."
-William Morris
Sometimes all we need to do is open a cupboard to reveal the beauty inside.
Keep this in mind with people, too! Beauty is there, whether or not it's immediately visible.

No comments: