Baking time: 25 minutes
1 ½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
2 1/3 cups flour
½ cup sugar
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 Tablespoons butter, room temperature
3/4 cup milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ teaspoon vanilla
1. Wash and drain the blueberries. Toss the berries with 1/3 cup of the flour and set aside.
2. Sift the 2 cups of flour with the sugar, cream of tartar, soda, and salt into a bowl. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture looks like coarse meal.
3. In another bowl combine milk, lightly beaten egg, and vanilla. Add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring just enough to moisten. Fold in blueberry flour mixture. Do not overmix.
4. Spoon batter into greased 2 inch muffin cups, filling them 2/3 full.
5. Bake in preheated 375o oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot with butter.