Sunday, August 1, 2010

Paper Doll Crafting Party, Take1

I was invited to an awesome little crafting party, and the theme this month was Paper Dolls.
Check out some of my friends' results:
Beautiful glitter and butterfly wings, leaf tank top and flower skirt (gathered pink ribbon,) and a tiny basket with a single blackberry. Adorable. She is standing on petrified wood, with lichen and a real toadstool.

For this one, the sweet lady sewed the quilt square that is being used as the skirt and crocheted the tiny hat and shawl herself!

Closer detail:
Next up, the 4th of July doll
She is beautiful.
Sam tinted the color in her face lightly, and embellished her fabric dress.
(that is antique lace) Detail:
Then two ladies made beautiful Halloween decorative doll hangings:


I love the old pictures, and her use of buttons!
So cute!

Three sisters.
Here are a couple of mine. I actually made a lot. When the theme was announced, I started looking for ideas, and became inspired to go several directions with it. I'll post the others soon.
The green box in the center is a lipstick case that my Mimi had given me.
detail:Inside: And, of course, the picture is of my Mimi. The baby is my daughter.

My next one is a bit more modern, whimsical, unusual...
detail: So much fun!! I LOVE being around other crafty people.
If you're not part of a crafting group, start one!
Surround yourself with people who encourage you, and you can encourage in return.
Let those creative juices flow.
Choose themes that will stretch you.
Have fun!

2 comments:

Anna K. said...

I *love* these, Wendy! The detail and the whimsy...perfection!

The personal details that you created in your Mimi doll were precious.

This has definitely got my creative juices flowin'!

Anonymous said...

Wendy, I love all your photos and creativity. Love you, Mommer rommer