This is a meme from Facebook. I know I should answer it there, but I already neglect my blog too much as it is.
Copy this note, ask your kid the questions and write them down exactly how they respond. What do they really think?
For reference my kids are:
O (4-years old)
I (12-years, only girl)
1. What is something Mommy always says to you?
T: Sweetie Pie
E: Never (This is true. He asks me for a drink or something and I always respond "never," and laugh. I like to tease.)
I: Clean your room.
2. What makes Mommy happy?
O: When I kiss you.
T: When I give you pictures.
I: Doing art
3. What makes Mommy sad?
O: Punching you (uhh, yeah, that would!)
T: When we are naughty
I: The boys fighting
4. How does Mommy make you laugh?
O: kissing my cheeks
T: tickle us
I: Playing games with us
5. What was Mommy like as a child?
O: a girl
E: sweet kid
I: you loved dolls
6. How old is Mommy?
O: a lot old
7. How tall is Mommy?
O: This high (he jumped with his hand up in the air)
T: almost as tall as the door
I: 5'5" (She's close-- I'm 5'6")
8. What is Mommy's favorite thing to do?
E: Drink coffee
I: Cheer people up (okay, I love all of these answers!!)
9. What does Mommy do when you're not around?
O: Clean up
E: Clean the house
I: Make things for us
10. If Mommy becomes famous, what will it be for?
T: Money (hmm...could they not think of anything else?)
11. What is Mommy really good at?
I: Making people happy
12. What is Mommy not very good at?
T: Putting me to sleep (??)
E: Not getting sick on a boat (I do get horribly motion sick)
13. What does Mommy do for her job?
O: Make us do school
14. What is Mommy's favorite food?
E: healthy stuff
15. What makes you proud of Mommy?
O: do prizes (??)
T: you cleaning
E: she takes care of us
I: taking us fun places
16. If Mommy were a cartoon character, who would she be?
O: a boy (??)
T: Black Beauty (??)
E: The Little Mermaid (when I asked why, he simply said, "she's a girl, and you swim well.")
I: Wendy in Peter Pan
17. What do you and Mommy do together?
O: Build blocks
E: do art
I: arts and crafts
18. How are you and Mommy the same?
O: We're both cleanin' up rooms.
T: We both hug each other. We both have hair.
E: We're both human.
I: We both love to travel and do artwork.
19. How are you and Mommy different?
O: You have huge hair and I don't.
T: You have lipstick and I don't.
E: You have long hair and I have really short hair.
I: You like to clean and I don't.
20. How do you know Mommy loves you?
O: Because I have cheeks (this may need an explanation, no? I love love love to kiss this boys toddler cheeks!)
T: Because you always kiss me and hug me and everything.
E: You take care of us.
I: Because you say so. (interesting insight into their love language, perhaps?)
21. Where is Mommy's favorite place to go?
O: To Julie's house
T: In my room with me. Or going on a date with Daddy.
E: the beach
I: to an art museum
This was so much fun. The next interview will be all about THEM, their favorites, ideas... I want to keep doing this every year. :D
If you do it, please let me know!