Friday, September 14, 2007

MM and Suzanne

Had a fun day going to the Mothering Matters picnic. Adelia, your mom is so super sweet! I enjoyed talking to her, and I hope she can move back from Denver.

It was nice to talk to Jennifer, too, and meet her little kiddos. And I do mean "little." You've got some petite little munchkins! :-) Your little boy reminds me of my friend October's son, Diego.

As I walked around chatting with people and playing with the kids, I realized just how many people I've met through Suzanne. Girl, you have a LOT of connections. I guess that's because you are so sweet, funny, generous, and very humble. You laugh everyday at everything, including yourself. I'm trying to take a lesson from that. Anyway, I appreciate you making me feel so welcome in all of your circles.

Even in the homeschooling group, I had felt alone for a long time. I thought I was the youngest mom doing it, the most inexperienced. I lacked confidence. It didn't help that many of my well-meaning friends were very defensive about the public schools, so I couldn't really talk about any difficulties I was having with home education.

But I feel like God has answered so many of my prayers: for peace with our decision, headway with schooling, enthusiastic kids who want to learn, and wonderful friends who encourage and comfort and give advice. I love you all. I appreciate you all. Thank you, Suzanne, for expanding my circle and making me feel like such a wanted part of everything. :-)

And, of course, now here are a few of my park pictures!






5 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

I'm so glad you are feeling at peace, Wendy! Forget all those commercial - that's really what's "priceless." Good friends are a great blessing, too - like "our" October!

Wendy said...

Oh, yeah, you got that right! I don't know what I ever would have done without "our" October! She's been a blessing in so many ways at so many times. Friends are true treasures. There are so many people who are just priceless.

Arato Girl said...

I'm so glad that the homeschooling is going well. There isn't only one way of educating children--public school certainly hasn't always been the "only" way for well-adjusted human beings--and I'm glad you found the best way for your family. I hope more well-meaning people will continue to drop the cliche arguments and realize that public school classrooms aren't the only place for socialization... and that not ALL socialization is good. Your children are some of the smartest, happiest, most creative, friendly kids I know. More so, not less, because you're homeschooling them.

Suzanne said...

Thank you for your kinds words Wendy. I'm the one who is blessed by your presence where have you been?!

Wendy said...

Where have I been? Silly girl. I saw you Wednesday and Thursday, and emailed you friday and today... what do you mean, where have I been? ;-)