Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ballet Workshop

My Little Artist had the opportunity this morning to attend a
free Ballet Workshop at a local private college. (Look at Chenoa's feet!)

Each group traveled through different "stations" of dance choreography. They had barre (or technique exercises) which are basic plies, tendus and such. There was also a station where they began to learn and practice movements across the floor, such as turns and little jumps. Then two stations that taught parts of a dance. They chose Beauty and the Beast's "Be Our Guest"

and Casting Crowns "Praise You With the Dance."

The girls were so adorable, all so light and little, carefree and confident, dancing their little hearts out to praise music. Watching it did my heart some good. I really just wanted to jump up and join them, but held back so as not to distract them with my uncoordinated attempts.

Still, my heart was dancing and I'm now determined to dance in praise at home every day.

No window peepers, please.

The instructors did an awesome dance after the girls did.

Fred and I also have the opportunity to take some ballroom dancing lessons starting this week, and I'm really thrilled about that. :-)

Hope your Saturday was special as well!

13 comments:

Trish said...

Ballroom dancing!! When!! Where!! Is it offered here in town? Oh...that would be fun, fun, FUN!!

Rachel said...

How sweet, that looks like so much fun!

Have a great time with the ballroom dancing! It is a blast!

Deidra said...

I love love love ballet! It is so beautiful!

Your room makeovers are spectacular! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I think those orbs are a hit!

Shan said...

That sounds WONDERFUL! I would have been holding myself back from embarrassment (but mostly injury) right along beside you there. You look like you would have made a perfect ballerina Wendy. Did you never try it? I guess I was too chubby and tomboyish back in those days so my mom probably didn't consider it for me. :(

Wendy said...

Ah, Shan. I have some wicked skills with my hand-eye coordination... works great for tennis...and I used to play softball. But when I try to make my feet cooperate with "moves," they go quite crazy. For one thing, I have big feet. Size 9. Second, I just STINK at watching AND moving the feet at THE SAME TIME. (I know, how will I manage ballroom dancing??)
Both of my sisters took some ballet, though. I stink at aerobics, too.

Cottagecheap said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I have contemplated black cabinets, but I am just a silly cottage white, nut. I bought some material today to do some window mistreatments for that room. Very exciting.

Ashley said...

I love kids dancing- my oldest daughter took dance for years and we loved the fun of it. These are the times of our lives with our kids!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What sweet pictures! How wonderful that she is doing that!

Jen

Unknown said...

Wow, you got your husband to take dance lessons??? What a woman.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog, I hope you'll come back soon.
I'm having fun exploring yours!

Just what are those Woods up to? said...

How fun! I'd have loved to see the instructers' dance at the end, too.

I want to ballroom dance, too!

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for this post. that was a great class. i know you will fall in love with ballroom dancing. i just learned the waltz, nd taught it to about 100 couples at a couples ministry event. the Bible says that there is a time to dance. now is the time to dance.
God bless,
Jocelyn

Simply Stork said...

that does look like so much fun...My daughter's gymnastics class brought in ballet to help with their floor exercises...it is so fun to watch :o)

~simply~

Ann-Marie said...

Beautiful photos! What a wonderful activity. The girls look like they were having a grand time. I don't have the talent or coordination to do anything but watch, but I still find dance lovely and mesmerizing.