Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Blessed by Art

Friend + extreme generosity + aRt =

Yes, today we were given a beautiful new Melissa and Doug children's easel (chalkboard on one side, marker board on the other,) 6 rolls of easel paper, two packages of new paint brushes, and all the little lidded painter's cups! It took 10 minutes to put together, and my children are in love with it! They spent two hours drawing and then painting, after school time. Ahhhh, for the love of ART. If dancing blesses my heart, than you can just imagine how watching my kids at art makes me feel. :-)

This is my favorite photo:

I love Dash's "happy picture" of butterflies, stars, and smiling faces. And do you see that he's gripping his paintbrush the same way I do, when I'm at my own easel? Yeah, that's just neat to me.

This was a beautiful, wonderful, perfectly sunshiny 70+ degree day, and we worked outside, played outside, cleaned up the yard, and did art in between. If tomorrow compares, weather-wise, we will be bringing our easels outside to paint after lunch. One of these days I'm going to do some projects for an Etsy account. Yes, one of these days. After (if?) I get all of my own projects done.

Have a great evening!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like your new easel is getting put to good use. I can't believe it only took you 10 minutes to put it together. Yippee!

Anonymous said...

In so many ways that easel is priceless! I know you're going to get plenty of use out of it. Wonderful!

Amber Filkins said...

My daughter wants one of those SO badly! Last night she was saying, "Do you think Santa forgot to bring it?" It was so sad! I didn't know she wanted it so badly!