Monday, February 16, 2009

eat your chocolate and put on lipstick

I'm always late after holidays because I get so busy! Have I mentioned our yearly Valentine's tradition of heart-shaped chocolate chip pancakes? Yes, they look like dessert, but they are indeed our sugary breakfast on the "Love" day. Hope yours was great! We spent V-day in area towns going through antique malls. Oh, yeah, that's my kinda fun! :-)

Then yesterday I rearranged our bedroom and school room...finished that up this morning, which left a great mess of clutter behind. Fred really doesn't mind me rearranging things, so long as he isn't expected to help much. It's just not his idea of a fun evening. Bizarre, I know.

Then my wonderful friend, the Queen of Clean, October (yes, the person, not the month) came over and boosted my house to the immaculate level. (Doesn't that color look so pretty on her??) Oh, yes, it is a gift she has. She's like a whirlwind of dusting and vacuuming. Wow. Amazes me. I'd turn around and then she was sweeping. Turn my back again and she's picking up puzzle pieces. How do you do it, girl? Granted, my house is usually tidy, but it turns a bit chaotic when I'm bit by the rearranging bug, which is often.

While we decluttered the kids played dress-up and modeled for us.

Look at Dash and Liana!! The best of buds! :-)

Don't tell Fred that our son was dressing up like a girl...he might have some issues with that! ;-)

The bigger boys even got in on the dress-up fun!

Surprisingly enough, The Artist is the only one who did NOT dress up... but she didn't want to miss out on the camera fun. And she did take all of our group grown-up pictures below.

Then we got to play dress-up! Actually, I just got to do my "thang" and add some color to my always-naturally-beautiful friend. If I had skin like hers I wouldn't bother with make-up either. However, it is just plain fun to play with it occasionally, so I gave her a make-over and curled her hair.

How often do the mommies get to do stuff like that?? In high school it was a favorite pastime. :-)

Then we were joined by the ever-wonderful Rochelle. I got some much-needed walking time in with Shelly, too. sigh. I really should try to exercise every day. I feel so much more energized when I take the time to get outside...but I hate to be cold. I mean, I reaaaaallly don't like it one little bit. I love to be outside when it's at least 70 degrees...anything below that is just pushin' it.

12 comments:

christine said...

What a fun day! I, too, have a friend who is a cleaning whiz and I just adore her for it! Aren't they just a blessing!

Trish said...

I'm with you on being outside when it's cold. I want to be out there...walking, working, playing...but it's just not fun when you're shivering, shaking, chattering... Soon. Very soon. Spring is coming!!

Jerri Dalrymple said...

Ok....let's try this again.

Ahem....

You KNOW I hate cold weather. I seriously want to move to the gulf coast, or close to it....where the lows never get below 50!!! That's heavenly!

I don't have a neat freak friend who I wouldn't feel totally ashamed to invite into my oh-so-cluttered and chaotic home. LOL! Tob looks great (before AND after...but I've NEVER seen her fixed up like that, LOL!).

Glad y'all had a good V-day. I worked. Hmph. Ah well, you can't have it all I suppose.

Who is the extra baby in the last pic?

Just what are those Woods up to? said...

October, you look beautiful! Ooh, la la!

I love the pancakes (in fact, I could go for some right now)!

Wendy said...

The extra baby in the picture is the little one that Rochelle babysits. :-) She's a cutie. Little Lad kept "petting" her.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Wendy, you've done a very nice post! Thanks for the publicity...if only I were selling something!

Adelia said...

Ooo, October that's one of my favorite shades of blue!!

What a fun day! And I love Rochelle; what a gal!!

Mandy said...

What a fun day!! I need a makeover day with some girlfriends myself! Where is my Mary Kay consultant when I need her? ;)

I love to reorganize and rearrange, too. I also hate the huge mess it always leaves. I'm so exhausted from working to move stuff around that cleaning up the final stuff is so overwhelming!

Simply Stork said...

I NEED some new friends :o)

love the "do"

~simply~

Ann-Marie said...

Oh, I feel so refreshed reading about two of my very good friends - and getting kid photos to boot! Tob looks amazing...as always...she never ages (grrr...). I wish I could have been with you guys (well, after the cleaning was done, that is! LOL!)

Dionna said...

My girls and I just adore choc chip pancakes. My husband just doesn't get it - the chocolate part. But it's heavenly isn't it?

Jerri Dalrymple said...

Dionna-my hubby doesn't get the chocolate part either, so I have to make his plain---HIS LOSS! LOL