Friday, February 13, 2009

Decorating with cents

I love these dishes and vase that I found at a local thrift store...ahem...I mean "junk store." Is that what a respectable Southerner is supposed to say? I was informed today that thrift store means "clothing," and the stores I'm referring to do not have clothing. I think I shall call them "treasure stores."
So, where was I?
Ah, yeeesss, I got this vase (it's large, white with multi-colored glass beads...the picture doesn't do justice at all) for only $1 and the dishes were even less. Love 'em!

And here is a sneak peek at the Secret Garden Bathroom:
This beautiful iron over-the-door robe rack was also a thrift store find
for a couple bucks. Can't beat that.

This tiered rack was a cheap-y yard sale find...
I don't think I paid more than 50 cents for it, but I really can't remember now.

See that chunky soap? Oh, if only you could smell it through your monitor! It is heavenly rich and enticing lavender. My grandparents bought it for me in 2004, and I've kept it hoarded in a plastic bag in my room, sniffing it now and again. I finally broke down, unwrapped it, and placed it on display. Every time I walk into the bathroom now, the deep wonderful fragrance hits me...and I just want to stay in there. Maybe someday I'll actually wash with it! ;-)

Fred is happy that I can repurpose and redecorate with only a few dollars a month.

3 comments:

Adelia said...

Haha! Nice...Anyway, I love your bathroom!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You house is ever changing isn't it...so much fun.

Just what are those Woods up to? said...

I can't wait to see the bathroom. Plus, I have really been missing you; seems like it's been so long since I've you! We missed you at the wedding!