Monday, May 25, 2009

back in time on the water

After seeing my photos of the rafting trip, my Papaw sent me some old photos of my parents at Beaver Lake, in the late 70's. Hey, the styles are coming back around!

My Dad also reminded me of some funny comments while we were on the river:

At one point, referring to the previous float trip that Fred, Nature Man and Dad took,
Fred said, "I think that's the same gravel bank we stopped at before." The Artist, who was on her first float trip, logically asked, "Are we going in circles?" Good opportunity to explain the nature of rivers!

When we exploring along the bank, Nature Man said, "Poppy, here are some deer tracks." (He's extremely observant of nature, as you know.) Dash helpfully added, "That means that there was a deer here once but now it's dead." NatureMan responded, "That's not what it means at all!"

7 comments:

Jerri Dalrymple said...

I LOVE the groovy hairstyles!!! Your mom still looks like herself, but WOW! Your dad looks totally different!!! ( Guess I never pictured him with blonde hair.) Thanks for sharing! And thanks to Pawpaw, too! ;0)

Adelia said...

Aw, that's just neat!

Jerri, like your profile pic!

Jerri Dalrymple said...

Thanks, Adelia! I love yours, too, because it expresses who you are and what you love most....being a mom! :0)

Wendy said...

And I love both of your profiles! I had so much fun with you ladies tonight!! Love ya!

Jerri Dalrymple said...

You, Ms. Adorable, always have the most beautiful, unique, quaint profile pics. I absolutely loved the one from last year's Garden Party!!!!

I had a WONDERFUL time with you ladies tonight, too! A party just isn't a party without you two. You guys both have smiles/laughs that light up a room and are infectious. Tonight Adelia's eyes were absolutely illuminated with a beautiful glow....HOW DO YOU GET EYES LIKE THAT??? LOL!

Just what are those Woods up to? said...

Ha, ha! I love your kids' conversation about the deer tracks!

Mom and Dad look really cute!

Wendy said...

Correction: Papaw and Dad said these were taken at the Illinois River!!-- probably very close to where we were on Sunday. Very neat! :-)