Sunday, May 31, 2009

The "wing it" designs: Pay It Forward, friend

Do you remember my "Pay-It-Forward" post? Well, I haven't forgotten, and it's about time I get started. School is out, and crafting, sewing, painting, whatnot begins with a bang.
After we took the kids to the zoo (more about that later,) we watched a movie together, and then I got kiddos in beddy-bye and started "sewing time!"

I have a dear friend who loves Mary Engelbreit . I'm partial myself. All of those cute sayings and bright colors are endearing. Sooo, I got some cutsy fabric, and went to work. With no pattern, and only a vague notion of how to go about it. I did have a good picture in my mind, though. ;-)

I must say, I love the way my "pen pal" turned out.
See, insert pens, or other art supplies. Roll up.
Snug as a bug in a rug. Tie with the pretty elastic-y ribbon.

I added the tulip button on top of the ribbon as an afterthought. Details are always fun!
Then, just because I have soooo much free time...
(do you see what time I'm posting. Geesh)
...
I decided to make a matching apron!
Again, with no pattern, other than an apron that I just bought recently, to use as a guide.
This took me way more time than it should have. I'm rusty.
And I wanted scallops. And big pockets. And ribbon.
So I used them. Winging it is fun. :)
That says "Princess of Quite a Lot," in case you can't read it.
It's hard to take pictures of it while I'm wearing it!


Sooo, SD, I will give you your pay-it-forward gift when I see you in a few days.

Hope you like-y.

(yes, I'm using lots of "y"s after midnight.)

2 comments:

Jerri Dalrymple said...

Love, Love, Love, love, love, love, loooooovvvveeee it ALL!!!
I'm so glad you posted the "how-to's" as well. Can't wait to get started. I'm really excited about the full front apron, too! :0)

Anonymous said...

Oh, thank you so much for my Pay-It-Forward goodies!!! I did not have a waist apron & of course the pen pal thing is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT, and great timing with the summer trips 2 or 3 times a week for training in Fville. I love them, and even more so that they are home-made. I dug into my sack as soon as I got in the van. THANK YOU, dear sister! - SD