Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mustache Party

Welcome to the Mustache Party!! My LittleLad turns 4 on 4/4 and we had to celebrate in a big way! **edited note** look at the difference: the picture above was taken with the camera that I used Before, and the one below was taken with the new Canon EOS 60D. I bet you could go all the way through the post guessing which pictures were taken with which camera. It makes that big a difference!! Okay, continue.** I made the shirts with stiff felt & heat bonding and then stitched around the corners. My Sister/ Sidekick helped me paint mustaches on all of the kids who wanted them. Did you know that most poster paints and acrylics are non-toxic and water-based... it comes off easily with a baby wipe. :) Save your money, and skip the paints specifically for face-painting. They're also harder to remove. The bean bag toss game was made from a piece of scrap wood, some black paint and a jigsaw. I filled the beanbags with rice and beans.
Anyone who didn't want a painted mustache could opt for the band-y ones (felt and elastic) or a stick mustache. Everyone was supposed to take one home, but I forgot to announce that. oops!! I still have them, friends, if you want one. Julie, Tracy, and me



I didn't get a close-up of the cake-- shame on me-- but it was just plain white with Hershey's chocolate drops in the shape of a mustache. Store-bought, because my cakes stink. Seriously.

We met at a park for a fun, celebratory playdate, of sorts. I missed getting pics of some of the kids-- Too much going on. Wish I'd been able to capture everyone.

My Little Lad had a blast with his friends, on a beautiful day, and enjoyed the activities. It was so simple and easy, and a success. Thanks, friends, for celebrating with us!! :D

7 comments:

oil painting lessons said...

I like your blog!...Daniel

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY, LITTLE OLIVER! 4 on 4/4 Your mustache party looked like great fun. See you soon. Love, Papaw

Bethany said...

Such fun! Happy Birthday to Little Lad!

Arato Girl said...

So cute, Wenders! I love memorable b-day parties.

Ms Debbie said...

You are the bomb !

Lauren said...

What a fun party! I love your hand-crafted bean bag toss! And I'm always painting on my little one's faces...always acrylics!

Shady Creek School said...

It looks like everyone had fun. Sorry we couldn't make it. Happy Birthday Oli !