Do any of y'all remember my 35 Things To Do Before I'm 35 List? Well, seeing as how I'm about to be 31 (still young, folks, still young!) I thought I'd update it.
1. Write letters. Lots of letters. Make a point to thank children for their help and kindness. DONE; I've been pretty diligent about this, and even reinstated Letter Writing Friday with the kids.
2. Host a Wonderland Tea Party Still need to do this, asap! I have had mustache and polka dot parties, though.
3. Volunteer at the Children's Shelter or Pregnancy Center. I'm going to try to give what I can, by painting the NB resale store at no charge. Must get started on that soon!!
4. Run a 5K. Hmph. I'm no closer to this than I was when I set the goal ;/
5. Host a Cooking Club Night. DONE; I did a Greek night awhile back
6. Canoe. Soon.
7. Finish painting the bathroom and kid's rooms (including mural.) Buggers. I had to restart Izzy's because she didn't like the color. This may take me until I'm 35!! I've repainted the living room twice since the list started!
8. Make my own iron-on transfer shirt designs Sooooon.
9. Paint a very large canvas. I bought it. Does that count for somethin'?
10. Finish the Family Tree
11. Get my bike fixed, and start taking family rides. Well, I did get the kids new bikes. But mine still isn't fixed :(
12. Host another Art Night DONE
13. Take all the kids rafting (so far only three have gone) We're planning to do this in May or June-- woot, woot!
14. Reopen my Etsy shop DONE Nest In the Sun
15. Take all the kids to the beach (only three have gone) DONE We went to South Padre last summer. Simply the best vacation ever.
16. Go rock climbing. I may end up zip lining before rock climbing. And I'm serious.
17. Finish 20 "book portraits" (paintings on book covers-- I've completed two so far) not yet
18. Go with Fred [and kids] to a Walton Arts Center Performance (we've never gone together.) We're going tomorrow, to Imago Theater's ZooZoo
19. Make a scarf. DONE, several times over.
20. Take kids to the Discovery Museum. DONE, with and without the homeschool group
21. Go to another local play DONE
22. Make more of our own clothes. I've made some, but I'd love to do more
23. Organize the baby book contents (and memory boxes, too!) not yet
24. Get back into my favorite jeans. arrgghh not yet
25. Pay for a stranger's meal. ...when we're not unemployed...
26. Go tent camping with all the kids (only three have gone so far, but we have a trip planned this month) soooooon
27. Submit artwork to the downtown art store. pricey than I thought, but I'm submitting to other places.
28. Write and Illustrate a children's art book. in the works
29. Videotape an interview with each of the kids. I'd totally forgotten about this. oops.
30. Sew matching summer dresses for me and Isabelle to wear. She's not really interested, my dear tom girl, so it may need to be skirts...or shorts...
31. Host some bloggie giveaways; share the love. DONE, even on blogs not my own
32. Paint pictures of each of my children. need to do
33. Visit a nursing home. Bring handmade cards and goodies. (I won't risk singing and giving anyone a heart attack!) still want/need to do
34. Send unexpected Just-Because cards and gifts to friends DONE
35. Give myself grace if I don't get this list all checked off. Am doing