Monday, September 22, 2008

Color-induced smiles

I've mentioned my doors before. One day, when in desperate need of color, I decided to paint all the doors in the house. Why? Simply because I can.
This is the front bathroom door. It's a bird themed room,
so I thought branches and birds would suit it fine.
(the colors look a bit blotchy in the photo...hmmm...)
The Artist's room. She helped with the huge polka dots.
Little Lad's room door. It looks much brighter in this picture than it actually is.
Kinda seems Dr. Seuss-y.

I'm working on Horton in the playroom/big boy's room, too. This is on the side of the toy shelves. Obviously a work in progress.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so nice that you can paint, even if you can't do "other things" sometimes. BTW I think Horton is turning out fabulously!

Ann-Marie said...

Wendy - beautiful doors! I love it! These will make for great memories as your kids grow up - "Remember the bird door?" Ultimately cool!

Anonymous said...

I think Horton is looking fabulous!

Wendy said...

Ladies, you are so awesome and affirming!! Now I'm not just doing therapeutic painting-- I'm creating lasting memories for my kids. Which motivates me to do even more "fun" color schemes. Boy, I wish I could do secret passageways for them. and stuff like that. I did paint "surprise animals" around their rooms when we first moved in. There are little bees and other small critters in the closets, behind doors, etc. Every time we move furniture around, we find another painted forgotten critter. ;-)

LJ said...

Your doors look great! Such a great idea!
~LJ

Rachel said...

Wow, those look great! I remember when you said you had just painted your doors at our care group meeting, I was really curious to see them! They are beautiful, you are very talented!