Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Explorer Maze

When I was a kid, I loved to draw mazes. Don't ask me why, but I always had this fascination with art, puzzle games (but not plain puzzles,) brain teasers, mazes. I knew that pratice would come in handy someday!

My kids LOVE mazes. Tob got them activity books when Little Lad was born. They just finished all the mazes in those books, so I decided to make them personalized ones today. Here is The Naturalist, in search of his animals. The Artist's maze isn't finished yet, so she was trying out her brother's.

Just glue picture of child on. Put stickers, drawings, or photo of whatever they need to search for. And draw the maze. I put ours in our binder, in a page protector, so they can use a dry erase marker to do it over and over.

Maybe I'll do one for my husband for Christmas... he could be searching for keys, a remote, his cap... har har har

4 comments:

Shirley said...

his tape measure ... his pencil ... (oh - that's my husband!).
Shirley

Trish said...

I am a maze girl too!! I love mazes and get cheap puzzle/books for the kids all the time. Making your own looks like it would take a long time. How long does it take for you to make one? And, don't you love page protectors. I sold my Sonlight Kindergarten curriculum on ebay this summer for almost $400 because I always slip this weeks lesson plans into a PP so I don't have to write on the original. That helped offset the $900 I had to spend to get curriculum for 4 kids this year! Ouch!

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea! You are so creative!

Anonymous said...

They look great.