Friday, March 28, 2008

Been Busy!! Take a look-see...

Okay, so I've been neglecting my bloggin' buddies. In my defense, my computer was sick. I had completely filled up my hard-drive, to the point of not even being able to download my camera. UGH. So I had to backup files today, and get back into the swing of things!!

Here are the nursery curtains. I moved the white curtain rod shelf back in, put up the striped curtains, and used thread to lace the starfish up over the edge. I need to take a picture of the other shells, hung over the dresser. I'm still working on that dresser, too. Sherrill told me to post a picture of my kitchen light. Ignore the dust and focus on the wrapped flowers. ;-) And, yes, I realize that I'm also missing a valance in the background! Heh. I only have 20 or so projects going right now. Fred teases me about starting one, without finishing the others...but, hey, that keeps life fun! I can work on whatever I feel like! And, luckily, my sweet hubby really doesn't mind. He just grins and bears it. ;-)
The sewing machine. It's actually my Mom's, because my sister still has mine. Ah, sewing. I tried to make a lovey for Oliver. It did not turn out well. I will not subject you to a picture! But I have not given up hope yet!! My Mimi is an amazing seamstress, and my Mom is incredibly creative with her ideas and sewing projects as well...it has to be in my blood, right?!

I also got the easel back out! YEA! It's actually broken, and I had to use twisties just to hold it together. That works for now, though! I did some sketches of people...hopefully the nude won't offend anyone. I also did some rather strange paintings of birds, that look like they may have come from the hand of a 5-year old. I'm out of practice. I miss my art instructors.
This is going to be part of a game table for the kids. I made this side into a tic-tac-toe board. On the other side I will paint a checker board. My kids love checkers! I'll get some really neat, heavy buttons for the pieces. These circle and star pieces are wood.
And don't forget about the playground, which I've also been doing in my "spare time." Fred has been helping me a lot! YEA! We have two climbing walls up now, the rope, monkey bars, little tower, and slide. Next is the attached swing set. We're getting close to being done, but I need some warmer weather to finish it. Yesterday was fantastic...but today was just too chilly for me.
So there you have it. Today was Mothering Matters day, so we only worry about the schoolwork that they get done in their class. Fred got off work early, too. We decided to put all projects aside and just "hang out" with the kids, reading books, playing Nintendo (the old Mario Cart is all we have), and slurping root beer floats. I also squeezed in some card-making right after I got the kids in bed.
Okay, okay, I also have to tell you my exciting news: my sink is clean!! I know, this seems like such a little thing. But I've been in a bad habit of leaving dishes in the sink to pursue "greater goals." Haha. My darling friends have inspired me with their Home Keeping Binders. I want to get my tush in gear with the house. I'm good at some routines, but I let the house slide when it comes to regular care. I'm realizing, though, that things are SO much easier when I just do them and get them out of the way.
Yeah, I tell my kids that ALL the time, but it's so much harder to do it.
What would I do without great friends to keep me in line?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics =) and I'm glad you're getting a lot of projects in. In any case, most of your projects are fun for the whole family eventually.

Congrats on the clean sink!

Suzanne said...

I saw all the paint on your hands yesterday. You are amazing. I have no idea how you do all you do. Tell me again why you are the one speaking at the chess retreat!

Suzanne said...

I meant to type aren't "why you aren't the one".

Ann-Marie said...

It, uh, boggles the mind how much you get done! Kudos!

If you'll excuse me, I have some TV to watch! :-)

Simply Stork said...

wow!!! when you get a crafting bug you mean it :o)

lovies never look perfect...keep trying :o)

great job on everything else.

horrah, horrah on the clean sink I know how hard it is to keep up on the house hold chores when the juices are a brewin' :o)

~simply~

Wendy said...

Oh...you saw the paint, huh? That is from my bathroom redo! I neglected to post pictures of that.
I'm repainting my whole bathroom bluish teal and cream, with brown and red accents. I just bought a new shower curtain and iron drawer pulls. LOVE it. I'll post it soon.

Adelia said...

Ya, I'm soo not looking at the bathroom redo. Why? Because it's fantastic, and I would hate to get that green envy bug. It's gonna be so lovely. I'm really excited for you...no green here...at least not right now. :)

Wendy said...

No, no, girlie...it's for INSPIRATION!! You are supposed to get excited and get busy, not get green. I get A LOT of my ideas from awesome women who have more creative minds than me...although I can take full credit for the flip chess/ tic-tac-toe board and the bathroom decor.

The light is a rip-off from Tab's. And I was trying to copy Strok's lovey. It's all about the inspiration. No point in jealousy!

And you could SO do the bathroom. It is costing me less than $30 to do everything!!

Wendy said...

strok= stork

Leah said...

You are so creative! I love it. And good job with getting your sink cleaned. I've joined flylady (http://www.flylady.net/) and it has helped me sooooo much. I have just started a home keeping binder, too. I am such a messy person and so is Dave, but having routines, doing things one step a time, and keeping my sink shining have helped tremendously.

Wendy said...

Fly Lady intimidates me. ;-) I am still working on those first baby steps.

L said...

That kitchen light is beautiful!