Monday, December 1, 2008

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Okay, so God proved me wrong. I have no problem with that. I'm wrong a lot.

It DID snow, and more than just a dusting. We had a blanket, in fact!!

First we just watched from the windows while we did our schoolwork.

Then we ate some watermelon after lunch (in fact, an entire watermelon in the span an hour hour) to celebrate the first day of December. (Okay, I just made that "tradition" up!)

Next, I let the kids run around in it. They took out the trash, checked the mail, and then just made circles around the house. They made snowballs and threw them at the car, at each other, and at me (as I watched through the window.) Nature Man was particularly worried that Daddy would not get to enjoy the snow, so the kids gathered several bowls of the white stuff to save in the freezer. We'll make a mini-snowman later, after Cub Scouts tonight.

Ahhh, it was a GOOD day. We stayed on task and got our work done. The snow was bright, light, relaxing...and then it melted away and the sun came out. Nice, nice. It's days like this that make me so happy that I don't have to get out and drop my kids off. (Of course, there are other days.... but we won't think about that right now...)


5 comments:

Jerri Dalrymple said...

It was beautiful, wasn't it? Our posts are getting eerily similar, LOL! ;-)

Ann-Marie said...

I love I's excitement in that first photo! :-) Although, she does look very comfy!

Simply Stork said...

oh I can not wait until it snows...if it snows :o-

~simply~

Arato Girl said...

How fun and pretty. It didn't do that here!

Ms Debbie said...

You have been tagged!