Thursday, June 25, 2009

wonderful summer days, and gifts for...well, me!

We love our gloriously hot summer days!!


During the day, it's all a fabulous flurry of kiddie pools and sprinklers, watermelon and sunscreen, summer crafts and sidewalk chalk.

And when the energizers crash at night, then it's my sewing & craft time!
Who better to try new recipes and "patterns" out on but myself? Yes, it's such a sacrifice.

I feel like the king's wine tester. Mmmm.... good wine.

I made this necklace the other day, just because I needed a brief change of pace.

It had been too long since my last bead-string-delight.

Then back to sewing!! I got this red material, with smocking at one end, on sale the other day. It just looks so summer-y, so I made myself a dress. Really, this was the simplest thing I could have done with the fabric. I just sewed it up according to my measurements, hemmed, and attached straps.

And the new little apron... which I actually made for The Artist. She can wear it next. :-)


7 comments:

Brook's Babbles In Arizona said...

awe Wendy! You're so beautiful and crafty! I sure wish I had a few summer dresses like that to wear right now. I'm finding that NOTHING I wear is comfortable (due to my surgery Tues.) The incisions are right along my bikini line, in my belly button and to the left of my side. All my pants, shorts, capri's hit those spots. WAHHHH!!! I might get to try making something like your dress.. it's simply adorable!!

Leslie said...

You amaze me! Martha Stewart watch out! One of the things in my life that I regret is that I never let my mom teach me how to sew.

What a sweet video too!

Have a beautiful weekend!

Just what are those Woods up to? said...

Wow, Wendy! Those look fantastic!

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Brook! Surgery? The incisions sound like the laparoscopy surgery I had. Same thing? Yes, wear dresses, or pants with a waistband that are a size too big (not necessarily elastic!)

Leslie, thank you! I do love to sew...now... but I never showed a lot of interest as a kid either.

Thanks, Jules. See you tomorrow!

October said...

I thought you were out of town!? I like the dress :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy,
The red sun dress that you made is just darling. There are so many things that a smart, creative young woman can do when she has a sewing machine--and motivation.

Loved Trevor singing my verse for each day. What a precious family you have. Love Mimi

Jerri Dalrymple said...

Everything is SO beautiful. I have a dress that looks very similar to that one, but I didn't make it, LOL. Love the necklace, love the apron, love, love, LOVE Trevor singing!!! :0)