Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Celebrate being a BOY

I have this awesome friend who has three little boys.
She just had the most amazing little party, to celebrate being a boy!

You know, I've been to countless girl-y tea party, dress-up, princess, etc parties. And I love all that, being a girly-girl myself, but I also love the down-and-dirty fun-in-the-mud all-that-is-boy stuff. And, being a mom of three boys myself, I can't believe I never thought of having a BOY party.


This was so neat. She had displays of legos, blocks, farm animals, and The Dangerous Book for Boys set up. The table was burlap, camouflaged place mats with matching plates, cups, etc. The boys ate fish (goldfish) and then mud cakes (chocolate iced cupcakes.)

They each got their very own real wood sword. Don't worry, the ends weren't sharp. Someone smart had thought to hammer them until they were dull. :-) And they each got a newspaper hat, paper airplane, compass, frog, dino stickers, and decoder set. So very neat!!


I made jello racecars to bring, but then forgot about them and they stayed in her fridge the whole time! Heh. That's me.
Ten little boys, and so much fun! They could swing, play, run, shout, do crazy stunts, get dirty, pee outside, if need be...and no one got in any trouble. They just got their energy out and played like boys should play! Oh, I love it!

11 comments:

Simply Stork said...

looks like you all had a great time :o)

~simply~

Ice Cream said...

I LOVE this idea. The party favors are absolutely perfect and I love that it was all about being a boy. I will remember this when my ultra boy has his birthday.

Ice Cream said...

P.S. What do jello race cars look like?

Ann-Marie said...

This is a great idea for moms with boys - turnabout is fair PLAY!!!!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE this idea!! Boys need to be boys and this is so great!! Thanks for sharing!

Adelia said...

Ann-Marie, that's exactly it...this idea came from my son's feelings being hurt because of all the girl-y parties. He didn't understand, so we rebelled against the system. Take that princess parties!!!

Wendy said...

My Ethan wants to do this for his birthday, too! I'm so excited!!-- wish I didn't have to wait until August! I'll have to enlist Adelia's expertise.

I'll post pictures of the jello cars tomorrow. We're going to eat some for breakfast. :-) I promised Ethan.

Unknown said...

I love this idea. Sometimes these days we simply forget to train up and let boys be boys. I love the swords...you understand what a boy loves! ~KSR~

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy,

Thank you so much for finding my blog! I'm so glad that you like it. Your kids are adorable...and it sounds like your life is a lot like mine!

Jana
(The Meanest Mom)

Shan said...

OH YES, I love boy parties! I can only imagine the fun of a girl party but J's family is heavily boy with 7 sword slingers and only 1 princess. My oldest started it off. He's ten and they go down to 2. It's quite a roust-a-bout. I like to let them be as boyish as possible as long as the house doesn't fall down around me. :)

Anonymous said...

that IS awesome!

i'm SO stealing this one!! thank you for sharing it!