Tuesday, April 15, 2008

tub smoochin'. Muah!

I'm better!! Praise!! (Now just pray for complete healing for the kids, especially Trevor because the incessant whining starts to wear me thin.)

I spent WAY more than my fair share of time in the bathroom the past few days, and I was able to examine my cleaning (or lack thereof), with more detail than I wanted. My deep cleaning needed to be kicked up a notch. Soooo, when I felt a bit better yesterday, I scrubbed my bathtubs like mad. Those suckers are CLEAN. Heck, you could eat out of them. Or anything else, for that matter. ;-)
But I think it took far more work than it should have. Granted, I had already caught up my laundry and dishes, and I was probably just tired...but, STILL! So, now I am determined to find a better bathroom cleaner. I would like one of those magical ones that requires no scrubbing. But I'm willing to settle for something that requires minimal scrubbing and gets rid of soap scum fairly easily.

It's a plus if it's non-toxic. I can rinse like crazy and dry it thoroughly, but it just makes me feel safer to wash with something that won't be dangerous the next time Oliver or Trevor decide to lick the tub or drink the water! h

Any suggestions? I'm not about to go buy and test products without some feedback first. ;-)

7 comments:

K.T. is Mommatude said...

I have two suggestions actually,LOL.

Magic Eraser is my most favorite product in the world!!

And there is also this spray and rinse stuff I use called Scrub Free.Its great,as far as non toxic,I dunno.

Leah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leah said...

I LOVE method cleaners. They are non-toxic, biodegradable, and my favorite part--they won't kill your kids if they drink it. I have to admit that they are not as harsh as the toxic stuff, but it works and smells wonderful. Now that you have a clean slate, so to speak, you could get the method bathroom cleaner and then also get their daily shower cleaner spray for in between maintenance. Check out http://www.methodhome.com/products.php?cat=type&type=specialty&prod=bathroom for all of their bathroom products. You can buy them all at Target.

Jerri Dalrymple said...

Hmmm...non-toxic, probably not, but I like the Scrubbing Bubble spray foam cleaner and you do have to rinse it. This gets done once a week (or it's SUPPOSED to, LOL!) and in between I try to wipe out the tub/shower whenever I'm IN it. Hope this helps! :0)

Jerri Dalrymple said...

Oh...I LOVE magic eraser, too, and the equate brand works fine. They are dangerous for kids, so don't let them clean with them!

Wendy said...

A friend told me that non-toxic and scrub-free is an oxymoron. Hmph.

If it comes down to it, I'd rather be sure to get extra clean and kill germs, and then rinse thoroughly after the chemicals.

I know Ann-Marie likes Seventh Generation. I wonder how that would work on a tub...?

Anonymous said...

Wendy, we're glad you're feeling some better and pray for continued restoration of health for all of you. Mimi doesn't feel very well this morning so she asked me to tell you a couple of things about cleaning bathrooms. We often use borax and that's a very good cleaning agent so is non-toxic and bio-degradable. Her parents used it to clean milk cans when they milked the cows because it was safe to use. I think we buy it at Wal-mart. They tell you to "Keep out of reach of children" but that should be obvious. They tell you to use it for cleaning cookware because it's safe and non-abrasive. And they tell you to use it for garbage pails, refrigerators, baby clothes, and toilet bowls.
Another cleaner we use sometimes is baking soda and vinegar (white vinegar, I think, but it doesn't matter).
Baking soda can be bought in large boxes and white vinegar is inexpensive.