Saturday, July 18, 2009

Double Digit Daughter

This picture was taken about a year ago.... how can 12 months make such a huge difference?
How can the time go so fast?

My oldest child, only daughter, beautifully natural, talented artist is now 10-years old. TEN YEARS OLD. She is thrilled to be in double digits. I smiled and jumped up and down, baked the cookies, and went hiking with all of them. Inwardly, I went through the memories of the past ten years, slowly savoring each thought.
This will be our postcard, with a caption that says, "Arkansaw mansion."

Horseshoes, picnic, & teetherball
Beautiful weather at a beautiful place to create more beautiful memories.
I adore these pictures. The whole series just shows their personalities so well... The artist, kind & cute, affectionate, with a good sense of humor. The Littlest Lad, strong-willed and hilarious, goofy and loves attention.

Then we went to some darling little shops. Nature Man got "new" froggy rain boots ($1) and the Artist got pink swim shoes ($1) and I found an adorable little dress.
Back at home, the Artist suggested that I try on the dress. And then she zipped it up for me. (I feel like it should be said with quiet acknowledgment.) My breath caught, and that was just my breaking point. Here I have this amazing child, not long ago a chunky hilarious baby in my arms... and now she stands there, up to my shoulders, and zips my dresses up for me. It's amazing. Children are amazing. I'm so blessed and grateful to have four!!

5 comments:

Darcy @ m3b said...

Awwww... what a moment. She really is a lovely girl and is on her way to be a fantastic young lady. I am always so touched when parents see the fleeting time and embrace it.

The "mansion" cracked me up. ;)

sara said...

Beautiful pictures! Happy B-day to the birthday girl :)

Anonymous said...

Ummm....that photo is actually from Fall 2007 - sorry!

- SD

Wendy said...

Well, dadgum! No wonder the age difference doesn't seem possible..it's not! ;-)

It was good to see you today!

Ann-Marie said...

Your kids are adorable, Wendy (I can see why you're glad to have multiples!)! :-) Really lovely photos - your daughter is already a "young lady!" Does it even seem possible? :-)