Sunday, January 30, 2011

Arkansas Bipolarism

This weekend we broke some records with our "heat wave" of 75+ degree weather in January.

Just awesome, really.

Papaw went hiking with us at a local state park...

Yes, he's 77-years old, and pretty amazing!


We searched for fossils...



...taught the kids how to skip rocks...



...followed the new trail, which had us cross the water twice...

way to go, Papaw!


...built sand castles...


Papaw sitting in the sandbox with the kids

...played on playgrounds...



And THIS is what we have in store for the week:

Rain, Sleet, Ice, and Snow
4-10 inches of snow possible
and a high of 12 degrees on Wednesday.
Boo. Hiss.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Right there with you... Kansas has had similiar weather and forecast. I guess I should be thankful for the days of beauty we did have. Stay warm!

Soaring High said...

Wasn't it beautiful?!!
And the memories the kids are getting to make with PawPaw. This is a weekend (and possibly week) we'll all remember for a while. I wore a tank and shorts Saturday!!

Anonymous said...

Wendy, I didn't even know when you were taking pictures. Your blog is very well-named! I sent your blog link to a LOT of people and I hope they will explore it. It's very well done. Now you can help me plan the layout of "Miimis Journey"! Love, Papaw

LJ said...

OK, I am going to have to copy your photo idea of the shoes on the playground! So cute!!