Thursday, January 20, 2011

Living Free

This is truly the easiest way for me to express myself. Words often fail me.
But art ~ it's always at my fingertips.


I'm trying to stay free from the law; trying to live in love and grace and mercy; I don't want to settle for anything less than the Real Thing. But I'm still learning what that means. It's a day by day, sometimes hour by hour goal to "not get tied up again." Paul issues the warning because it's a very real danger.

Are we really worshipping, believing, rejoicing, living free? Or merely "attending"?

Am I content to live a decent life in a decent house in a decent neighborhood with my decent family? I don't want to be just content. I want to have joy and drive and determination.
And I don't want to live by the law. I don't ever want to feel "good enough." There's not a list to follow, there's a Person. And He demands much more than a list; He demands it all.
He deserves it all.


Like I said, words fail me sometimes... so I'll keep drawing...

5 comments:

Anna K. said...

Totally get that! Sometimes my thoughts are in pictures and not always in words. Your drawing is how I feel sometimes...which is no one's fault but mine. Yikes.

Your drawing skills rock, by the way!

Bethany said...

What a neat reminder... visual images can really help you remember verses. What a great gift you have! Still waiting for you to post mustache baby to your etsy shop. (Here's to hoping!?)

Anonymous said...

Christ fulfilled the law, so we are not under the law, but we are to follow Him, who fulfilled the law, so it's not legalistic, but we can't just ignore it. The path is narrow, and the slope to one side is legalism, and on the other side liberalism (not political liberalism!). It's such a challenge to stay on the path. Thank goodness He will lead us if we will follow Him...

-s. davis

Michelle said...

I LOVE this, Wendy! I can barely read a scripture verse without wanting to draw or sketch something. God paints so many pictures in my mind with His Word!

For a long time, I had stopped drawing and painting as His Word inspired me to, but I am beginning to feel free again. I am not sure why I stopped, but for some reason I felt like there was something idolatrous about it. Does that make sense?

Anyhow, I find your blog very inspiring! God bless.

LJ said...

You really need to submit some of your drawings to the people who make up the bible study books! There are drawings in some of my books that can't even compare to yours. Or better yet, start producing your own!! They'd be great for a women's study group. You're talented!